Earn whilst you learn and join a business which is dedicated to help you reach your potential. Like many of our apprentices, join our team and become part of our success.
Here at Elliotts, we’re clearly doing something right…. we’ve been around for 178 years, helping our customers build. Our Managing Director, Tom, is the great-great-great grandson of our founder.
Our customers continue to choose us because we can supply anything they need to build a house…but that’s just a hygiene factor. They choose us because we treat them like human beings, creating a strong relationship and building loyalty. And when things go wrong, (because we don’t live in a perfect world), we do more than anyone else to fix it.
As a level 2 Warehouse Apprentice you will be at the heart of our business and based in one of our local branches. From there you will learn everything there is to know about how a successful branch is run. As well as having academic support provided by our Apprenticeship learning partner, Smart Training and Recruitment.
Your role will put you on the frontline when it comes to serving our customers and delivering the very best customer service and experience. The warehouse can get quite busy so there will be a variety of different people you’ll be interacting with.
If you are over 18 you will also be showing off your forklift skills by loading and unloading our lorries and looking after the stock whilst keeping the warehouse looking spic and span.
We’re looking for someone who’s great with people and really takes pride in what they do yet isn’t afraid of some good old fashioned hard work.
Although this role will be highly varied, your main day-to-day duties are as follows.
- Learning about the products and services that we offer to their customers.
- Communicating with customers both face to face, via the phone and by email.
- Provide accurate pricing and quotations to customers on a range of products.
- Assisting with invoicing and other administrative tasks
- Supporting accurate stock control.
- Supporting the branch in adhering to Health & Safety regulations.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Some basic IT knowledge would be useful although training on internal systems will be given.
- Ability to look for solutions as well as offer assistance if faced with challenges
- Have good judgement and be able to work on own initiative.
- Friendly and personable with a positive approach to learning and work.
- Drive and passion to succeed.
- Value Career Development and engage in continuous self-improvement.
- Good sense of responsibility
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade A*-C (Grade 4 to 9) including English and Maths.