Do you like spending time on the road? Are you great at first impressions and enjoy meeting new people?
Ever thought about a Van Driver role? Maybe you should.
No two days will be the same in this role. One day you might be carrying out multi-drop work and another day you might find yourself delivering to one of the biggest house builders on the South Coast, so you’ll need to be great at communicating to a variety of customers. You’ll need to help out both sides of the drop with loading and unloading the goods. It’s building materials we deal with, not cuddly toys, so some of it is on the heavy side and will require use of a forklift. On quieter days you might be helping the team in the yard serving customers and stock taking duties.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Multi drop deliveries to both building sites and residential addresses in the local area
- Serving customers with a wide range of building materials, both manually and with a forklift
- Loading/unloading lorries
- Receiving and storing products from suppliers and dealing with associated paperwork
- Housekeeping in the yard
- Assisting with yard duties when necessary
- Full driving license, together with a Counterbalance forklift license (preferred but training can be provided)
- Knowledge of building materials, would be an advantage but training can be provided
- Friendly and professional manner
- Good communication skills
- High standards of customer service
You’ll be contracted to work a 24 hour week, 3 days a week (Monday - Friday). We’re open between 7am and 4.30pm so we need a bit of flexibility when it comes to start and finish times to make sure we’re always there when our customers need us.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a friendly, helpful person who takes pride in what they do to join not only a great team but a great, family run business who strive to go the extra mile for its customers.
We can’t wait to hear from you, so what are you waiting for?